in the areas of mathematics, economics, technology and engineering as well as
the social sciences and the arts. Our 9600 students are taught by 170 professors
and more than 400 staff members at the three campuses in Koblenz, Remagen
Postdoc in Computational Biology and Systems Biology
Pay group E13 TV-L/ 100%
in the Research Group of Professor Dr. MaikKschischo. The post will be funded by
the German Research Foundation (DFG) for a fixed-term period of 36 months
within the Research Unit FOR 2800 “Chromosomal Instability: Cross-talk of
DNA replication stress and mitotic dysfunction“. We are looking for excellent
candidates with a background or strong interest in network or systems biology,
statistics and machine learning, and/or cancer genomics. The goal is to develop
new statistical and machine learning methods and algorithms to better understand
complex and high dimensional data and to contribute statistical and computational
modelling toward a biological understanding of chromosomal instability
and replication stress in cancer and other diseases.
What do we have to offer?
- Excellent research opportunities
- Co-operation with leading German and international teams
- Support and supervision of your postdoc project
- The opportunity to gain a strong research track record in biomedical data science
and systems biology
What do we expect from you?
- A PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, physics or computer science
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Basic biological knowledge and willingness to learn new biology
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python or C)
- Creativity, independent thinking and passion for research
- Good English language skills
The University of Applied Sciences Koblenz strives for equal opportunities and
supports the combination of job and family. Applications from women are strongly
encouraged. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications and skills are preferred.
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application to be sent in one pdf
file to Professor Maik Kschischo (email@example.com) by January
06 2019. Please use the subject “FOR-2800-Postdoc” in your email.