The Department of Molecular Genetics at the Faculty of Biology, TU Kaiserslautern, Germany, offers a
PhD Position – Replication defects and aneuploidy
The focus of the work:
- Research project to understand the consequences of abnormal chromosome numbers, so called aneuploidy, in human cells;
- Analysis of the cellular processes in euploid and aneuploid cells using the state-of-the-art methods;
- Maintenance of genome stability, replication and DNA damage analysis;
- The project is part of a national coordinated consortium FOR2800: www.for2800.de;
- Further details: https://www.bio.uni-kl.de/en/molecular-genetic/zuzana-storchova/.
- Successfully completed Master studies in Cell Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology;
- Experience with cell culture work and modern genetics methods, positive attitude to computational biology;
- Very good knowledge of the English language;
- Scientific ambitions and ability to work in an international team.
- Fixed term for three years with possible extension that can be filled as a part time position;
- The salary level according to the German wage agreement for the public service (TV-L);
- Additional Social Security (VBL); Health care management;
- Exciting research in a pleasant environment with an ambitious international team.
- Applicants with children are welcome;
- Disabled applicants, women and minorities are encouraged to apply;
- To apply, send a cover letter explaining the relevant work experience, a CV and the names,
telephone and e-mail addresses of at least two references by e-mail.